The herdsman in a winter twilight

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a good day after a small amount of snow fell in Scotland. At the end of the day, I found myself on the edge of Rannoch Moor at the base of the Devil's Staircase with a good view of the Buachaille Etive Mòr. There were people in Black Rock Cottage as evidenced by the lit windows.

Pentax 645Z DA 28 - 45

1. 4.5 minutes f/8 ISO 100 28 mm

View from Altnafeadh copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

2. 84 secs f/16 32mm a few minutes earlier:

View from Altnafead 2 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Stunning photographs, although the snow has too much of a blue cast, I think.

Stunning photographs, although the snow has too much of a blue cast, I think.

It's the blue hour, so it will reflect the blue light. Not only that if I select the snow with a WB dropper in Lightroom Whitw Balance is shown as 50,000 Kelvin.

Superb shots mate. I particularly like the first.

Thanks Pete.

It was my reward for letting someone pass who was tailgating me on my way up the A82. If he had still been up my ass, I wouldn't have been able to pull in. It was the only time I used my tripod all day.

It was a glorious day. Got so many images to get through and my hard drive is pretty much full...

Walked over 10 miles so I earned my pints of Siechallion tonight...As or the two Islay malts, not many calories in them!

Beautiful, cold, stark all in that order. Assuming the blue is due to the absorption of the red by the snow???

Beautiful, cold, stark all in that order. Assuming the blue is due to the absorption of the red by the snow???

I don't know about that but the light was completely blue even though there had been pinks 30 minutes earlier down the bottom of the valley. I can get neutralising the whites for consistency in several shots and in the day but to make the whites white in these shots just makes it look like daytime, not twilight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back