The lightning is back!!!!

my*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Monsoon season is back in Tucson. Here are some of my first attempts of the year

IMG_0022-2.jpg

IMG_0046-2.jpg

IMG_0054-1.jpg

IMG_0055-2.jpg

IMG_0058-2.jpg

This is on my to do list. I don't have a good view of the sky from my apartment so hopefully will catch some one day. These all look great but #4 stands out to me the most. Thanks for sharing.

Great shots!!! Do you use a lightning trigger? Here in Mass a big electrical storm is tree flashes nothing like out in the midwest where I grew up.

...I wish we had lightning like that here.

Usually when there's lightning, it's too cloudy to see it.

Great shots!!! Do you use a lightning trigger? Here in Mass a big electrical storm is tree flashes nothing like out in the midwest where I grew up.
No lightning trigger. Just long exposures.
I am definitely lucky to live in AZ. I have from July to Aug to get my picture taking in. That is generally when the monsoons come through

You took those?
Equipment list and data please?
I did take these.
Here is the what I used
Canon 30D. I used my 28-135mm lens for these. I started shooting just as the sun was going down so my settings were: ISO 100, f22, 15-30 second exposures. Once the sun went down completely I ended up at ISO 100 f7 (ish) and 1-2 min exposures.

thanks for all the positeive comments. It is interesting to hear which photo people like best. I like #1. Probably because I know how hard it is to get a shot of lightning during semi light hours. I love to hear which your favorites are though.
I have made one calendar of my lighting photos to rase money for a co-worker in the past. I hope to do another some day to make some money to buy a new camera.
Keep the opinions coming

Most reactions

New Topics

Back