The London Eye

Xpirex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The total weight of the wheel and capsules is 2,100 tonnes - or as much as 1,272 London black cabs! The London Eye welcomes an average of 3.5 million customers every year. You would need 6,680 fully booked British Airways Boeing 747-400 jumbo jets to move that number of fliers! Each rotation takes about 30 minutes, meaning a capsule travels at a stately 26cm per second, or 0.9km (0.6 miles) per hour - twice as fast as a tortoise sprinting; allowing passengers to step on and off without the wheel having to stop. The circumference of the wheel is 424m (1.392ft) - meaning that if it were unravelled, it would be 1.75 times longer than the UK's tallest building - One Canada Square in Canary Wharf. The spindle holds the wheel structure and the hub rotates it around the spindle. At 23 metres tall, the spindle is around the size of a church spire and, together with the hub, weighs in at 330 tonnes: over 20 times heavier than Big Be

1130850006_Y5u2A-L-1.jpg

Full photoset here:

London Eye - (Revisted.) - Chris Montgomery Photography

Thank you I'm glad you like it. You have no idea how difficult it was to capture it that way from the top of the London Eye..:)

That's the way it has to be for me as a lot of my work is already sold. The intention is to show it and not to just give it all away.
:sexywink:

Thank you I'm glad you like it. You have no idea how difficult it was to capture it that way from the top of the London Eye..:)

That's the way it has to be for me as a lot of my work is already sold. The intention is to show it and not to just give it all away.
:sexywink:

Fair enough.

It still dominates the image but I like the underlying photo though. An interesting and very different stylistic viewpoint of what is now a common snapshot subject. I like the underlying image

I agree with Patrice...

I can't see anything but your watermark...

You sound like a 'can't see the forest for the trees' kind of individual.. :)

Holy watermark Batman!

One of my image was commented by some one "holy saturation batman'.... for the whole day i was thinking why i was called a "batman" It took me some days until i saw a similar comment repeated on some one else's image, to learn i am not the only batman here.... :lol: i must get a dictionary of usages and slang :D

Most reactions

Back