PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Literally. lol

I took a drive to Tortilla Flats...a small drive through tourist attraction near Apache lake... ( If you live in Arizona...Its a must see!)

Anyways... not really looking for C/C ( but feel free to contribute if you'd like ), there not the greatest shots--but I HAD to share =] ( should have taken more pictures.. but i was in line for ice cream and the place was PACKED.) LOL

Who needs wallpaper...haha. The entire strip of buildings ( INSIDE of course) is COMPLETELY covered in Moo-Lah! haha.. and TONS of it.... from all different parts of the world.

was very interesting...

They encourage everyone to put up whatever currency with a message.. rather than a guestbook. Pretty neat. :)

Enjoy!

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

DSC_0066-1.jpg

DSC_0067-1.jpg

Pretty cool. There is this restaurant down here in the Florida Keys called the No Name Pub. It is like the same thing but way more cash if you can believe it. There are multiple layers of money covering the inside of the building. Most with messages. It is so neat going in there and seeing all the different bills. Definitely cool stuff!
TJ

These are cool. There is a place in SE Alaska that has something like this. It started in the 1930's when the miners would tack up a few bucks before leaving to go prospecting. That way they wouldn't be broke when they returned to town.

These are cool. There is a place in SE Alaska that has something like this. It started in the 1930's when the miners would tack up a few bucks before leaving to go prospecting. That way they wouldn't be broke when they returned to town.
Wow, thats cool.......

OP, that seems like a pretty neat place to visit.

Pretty cool. There is this restaurant down here in the Florida Keys called the No Name Pub. It is like the same thing but way more cash if you can believe it. There are multiple layers of money covering the inside of the building. Most with messages. It is so neat going in there and seeing all the different bills. Definitely cool stuff!
TJ

Some of the walls in there are double layered ( if not more) some slightly bare..
but the entire shopping strip -- Restaraunt--ice cream shop--mercantile--gift store--are LOADED.. lol makes me wonder if theyve ever counted it.. hmm:lmao:

Ill have to check that place out if i am ever in Florida.. =] Sounds neat! Defiantly has my interest.

Thanks for sharing that Digital Flower! Learn something new everyday.. had NO idea that was why.. But it would make sense, considering that and the surrounding 3 towns are ghost/ mine towns..

Thats cool. Whats this place called? I have been meaning to drive up to Tortilla flats and maybe up to 4 peaks. I have driven up the salt river several times but haven't gone too far up.

^...Its a "town" called 'Tortilla Flats" Just west of Apache Lake...and East(?) Of Apache Junction. That's literally all that is there...hiking, small shops, and a creek...and tons of pic ops!

Its on the same road that goes through 'Superstition Mountains--ghost town/musuem for the lost dutchman"....there are only three ways I know to get to it.

1. From payson--(hwy 87) , down hwy 188 to roosevelt-onto apache lake rd---drive thru and u hit it deadon. (Long drive)

2. From Bush hwy, usery pass rd--(quickest)

3. From AJ, az... Straight down the main drag to superstition mtns.

^...Its a "town" called 'Tortilla Flats" Just west of Apache Lake...and East(?) Of Apache Junction. That's literally all that is there...hiking, small shops, and a creek...and tons of pic ops!

Its on the same road that goes through 'Superstition Mountains--ghost town/musuem for the lost dutchman"....there are only three ways I know to get to it.

1. From payson--(hwy 87) , down hwy 188 to roosevelt-onto apache lake rd---drive thru and u hit it deadon. (Long drive)

2. From Bush hwy, usery pass rd--(quickest)

3. From AJ, az... Straight down the main drag to superstition mtns.

Yeah, I knew where it was at, I just thought maybe this was a restaurant or something. Didn't realize that there wasn't really anything there. Maybe this weekend I will take a drive up past there to Roosevelt Lake.

Totally expected something different from the title... :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back