carly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
rodeo086.jpg

rodeo008-1.jpg

rodeo062.jpg

Most people post, and view, photos of animals here because we like them. It could just be my opinion, but I don't know that we should be showing animals being tortured.

I've got to agree. this is more of a "sport".
a very horrible sport.

Anyway.

They all seem cropped a whole lot. which makes the quality go down.
#1 the sky is way blown out.
#2 seems like the focus is on horse #2 and not both. it would be nice to see both in focus.
#3 again with the sky.

Most people post, and view, photos of animals here because we like them. It could just be my opinion, but I don't know that we should be showing animals being tortured.

I think the photos are actually good, the sky is a bit blown however. Really, is this going to be another ethics debate like the gun photo thread? This is supposed to be about the photos not the nature of how you feel of the subjects' lives. If you don't like the nature of the photos, best if you don't comment at all. You obviously have no idea how the rodeo has been working for the last century.

@ Dmitri,
Yup, I've been to lots or rodeos. They're not being tortured at all even though it may kind of look like it. If you know these animals this isn't how they express agony at all. Perturbed is probably the right word. As if maybe you're little brother kicked you in the butt or something :D

@ Carly,
Great Shots! Looks like a good day! Tanks for sharing!

Bi---thanks for the good comments. I can understand how other folks who have not been raised in the western USA could see these and be a little upset.
Believe me, as a 4th geneeration Montanan, these horses are treated like gold by the ranchers, for in their eyes they are their livlihood. They love and revere the horse, and the photos I posted are live action, real life----they are breaking green horses for riding.

It is not cruel at all. Sheep also don't suffer when they are sheared...and there are lots of them here too.

Every country and culture have their customs and traditions re animals. I am an animal lover and a former vet tech, so I know how these horses are cared for.

I appreciate all of the comments and expressions---but it really is about the composition and so on of the photo. These were not meant to win a contest; just good shots of a rodeo.

Thanks, all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back