"The (monthly) Photo Challenge" cutting room floor

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, this theme thread is intended for you to share photos that you took for each month "Photo Challenge" contest, yet didn't make your cut to be submitted.

If you're like me, I tend to take pictures intended for the monthly theme throughout the month, and closer to the end of the month, select the one I like best and submit accordingly.

This theme is intended for you to share those pictures that you rejected, but would still like people to see and comment on. However, I would like to leave a couple of guidelines to follow.....I'm not a mod so they won't be enforced by me, but hopefully you'll understand and be good forum members.

1 Don't post any pictures that would reveal or "give away" your actual submitted picture before voting for that current month's "Photo Challange" has been completed.

2 Don't post pictures for the current monthly challenge if you have already submitted your best effort for the month's current theme. Wait until all voting has been completed for that such theme.

3 Be sure to include the theme in your post pertaining to the pictures posted so we can comment accordingly on your pictures and your effort.

4 Try to include a picture of your setup if you put something together just for the shot. ( <----this is more of a suggestion ), and also include your settings :ie, shutter, ISO, F/#, flash, EV +/-,etc.... ( <-----this is also more of a suggestion as well )

5 Have fun sharing, and try to give good critique. Most of us are looking to hone our skills, and would enjoy constructive input from experienced photographers roaming TPF.

6 Obey rules 1 and 2. <------This is not a suggestion, it's important

Um... I think these are supposed to be rejects from photos taken specifically for the TPF Monthly Photo Challenge

Err, oops. (*makes note to not post during &#8217;tini time)

Mods, feel free to remove.

Done ;)

Just to amplify this point, as if you choose to post in this thread it is VERY important.....

DO NOT post ANY images for the current month's "Photo Challange" untill it is totally completed.

Doing so WILL get you disqualified!!!!

ok, as you were. :wink:

Any reason why (once the voting is complete) we couldn't also include the photo we submitted? Might be nice to get feedback on that too... see what people did and didn't like about it.

Personally rejected from Oct '07 Photo Challenge - "Window"

scan0018800.jpg

I thought window reflections was going be a common theme so I withdrew completely, I ended up to have been mistaken.

Any reason why (once the voting is complete) we couldn't also include the photo we submitted? Might be nice to get feedback on that too... see what people did and didn't like about it.

Anonimity is maintained during the polling to keep votes unbias and fair.

along with other reasons I assume.

Once ALL voting is DONE it should be just fine to post your actual submitted photo......I think the Mods would be cool with that.....provided the voting is closed for that month.:thumbup:

I like these, they're all pretty cool....the one with what looks to be spilled ink is pretty cool, but I can see why you submitted the last one. Filling the frame with the colors really sets it off as abstract. Did you shoot that at a high ISO or long shutter?

On your first one, I think a polarizer and a greater DOF would have really helped that picture a lot a could have drawn some votes I think

It's a very cool idea...it almost looks like multiple exposures. It does seem to be awful grainy to me, and somewhat overexposed. I do like what you were going for though...:thumbup:
Thanks

It's a scanned print, most of my prints look overexposed....perhaps I should scan the neg at some point.

I like these, they're all pretty cool....the one with what looks to be spilled ink is pretty cool, but I can see why you submitted the last one. Filling the frame with the colors really sets it off as abstract. Did you shoot that at a high ISO or long shutter?

On your first one, I think a polarizer and a greater DOF would have really helped that picture a lot a could have drawn some votes I think

Thanks! #3 is actually food coloring. #4 was shot at ISO 200 and 1/125 ss. #1 & #2 I took at the state fair and I wussed out and took my tiny Casio p&s.

I spend the day taking these photos, and intended to to try to get smoe more later in the month, but got too busy.....here are my rejects.....

1. I love this one, but felt like a sepia helped it fall into the simplistic arena
Simplicity0140001.jpg

2. strait on from the one above
Simplicity0220001_1.jpg

3. from inside the cabin pictured below
Simplicity0380001.jpg

4. by the time I made it to here the sun was high, and provided for some harsh lighting
Simplicity0280001.jpg

As you can see I had a general theme going here, I actually drew a couple vote this month with my actual submittal so I'm pleased with that. It's my third contest to participate in, and first time receiving votes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back