What's new

The Moon and Venus

No thoughts on this? :( even if its bad say something, only way I'll learn!
 
Neat - I always like to see what others have done in their "astrophotography". I am curious about your exposure - why f5.6, and nothing smaller/wider - lens? I am also curious as to whether or not an increase in the contrast would bring out some more of the detail on the surface of the moon - don't know, just asking.
________________
WesternGuy
 
Well, i like it for its simplicity...and hmm... i think some music ...or is it the song of silence? :D
 
$7259141580_0cdca04369_b.webp
I know this doesnt capture the point you wanted. but when i saw the picture this version hit me right away :) Nice picture by the way!
 
The justapositon of the two is good, and you succeeded in capturing the earthglow on the dark side of the moon. However, from a strictly pictorial point-of-view, the foreground is not very interesting in itself, and does not enhance or contribute to the enjoyment of the two heavenly lights you have captured. This is where having a conveniently placed pictureque mountain or other foreground object can add to the image. Unfortunately, few of us have the ability to conjure up landscape to order, so we have to use our feet to position ourselves appropriately.
 
The pic was more of a, "o look a pretty sight, grab the camera!" lol taken from my back yard and unfortunately, living in norther Ohio, we don't have mountains lol I was lucky enough to even have a tree line lol. So it was more of a quick pic than an actual composition, but I think it turned out decent for what it is.

Also, no tripod yet :( next on the list though, probably why I had to use a smaller aperture... i had quite a few blurry ones before I got a good shot.

Also, if anyone wants to mess around with it and post edits, I will attach the original RAW file below!

Thanks everyone!

http://db.tt/6U4bOCFn
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom