What's new

The Moon - Test of New Lens

pugnacious33

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
756
Reaction score
21
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found a used Tokina 400 5.6. This was handheld w/2X teleconverter at ISO800, 1/200 sec.

Not bad, huh?

moon.jpg
 
Wow, nice. I'm always being befuddled by the moon in my attempts to get pictures of it. Pretty cool. Could maybe use a slight sharpening pass though?
 
Now I am surprised, I didnt know anyone with a Tokina, so I always presumed the image quality would be crap, but this is ok, better then expected!
 
thanks, i was surprised too. can't wait to see how they turn out at ISO 100 w/tripod at full moon.
 
Thanks. I've had a chance to test it a bit more. Correction though.....the converter is a 1.5X, not a 2X. Still, the sharpness has surprised me:

Here is a squirrel without the converter:
IMG_3202.jpg

And one with:
IMG_3238.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom