The most under-rated water fall in GSMNP

CmazzJK

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So says some website I found the trail on anyway... I went to GSMNP for the weekend and first stop was the Baskin Falls trail. This 1.5 mile trail that led to... Baskin Falls, was literally straight downhill which means its straight uphill on the way back, but the waterfall was pretty sweet. The best part was while everyone and their mother visited all the top of the list touristy sites over the holiday weekend, my wife and I had this one all to ourselves for the entire time we were there.

$Baskin Falls Full.jpg

$Baskin Falls Portrait.jpg(updated)

Last edited:
It looks like a nice place.

but... from my point of view... yes, like it's just my opinion:

- oversaturated
- too dark
- water is purple

I went to your website and it seems that you like this look. For me that green and purple are way over the top

sorry ;)

It looks like a nice place.

but... from my point of view... yes, like it's just my opinion:

- oversaturated
- too dark
- water is purple

I went to your website and it seems that you like this look. For me that green and purple are way over the top

sorry ;)

No apologies necessary, your comment did make me notice that the water did appear a little purplish in the second photo so I messed with it again. I was using my CP and I was down at the base of mount leconte under the canopy so even though it was 4 in the afternoon it was fairly dark down there, I had to bump the ISO up to like 1600 at one point when the sun went behind the clouds.

Most reactions

Back