The new Canon 70D info

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this picture and info on the net, if its correct then looks like Canon is at last moving away from its old butstill good 18MP sensor

Canon EOS 70D Specifications

• 20.2mp CMOS Sensor
  • DIGIC 5+
  • 19pt AF System (All Cross Type)
  • 7fps
  • Built-in WiFi
  • 3″ Vari-Angle Touch Screen LCD
  • ISO 12,800 Maximum
  • Dual Pixel Cmos AF - 5x's Faster than traditional CDAF
  • Full HD Video
  • HDR
  • Multiexposure Mode
  • LP-E6 Battery

From PentaxForums.com: Canon 70D leaked - PentaxForums.com

canon70Dspec.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks badass i hope it comes out!! id buy that thing right away! i have been looking into getting the 7D but i dont like the non flip out screen! i have 2 60d and a T5i and they all have the flip out screen but i wish i had all the features the 7D had!!! like OMG

What I am mostly interested is to know how well the new sensor will do in low light and how will it compare to its direct competition the Nikon D7100.

Depending on ISO performance and cost may be a awesome camera. IMO it has to be cheaper/same price and better ISO then the old 7d, otherwise its a flop.

Depending on ISO performance and cost may be a awesome camera. IMO it has to be cheaper/same price and better ISO then the old 7d, otherwise its a flop.

I doubt Canon will produce something that is as good as the 7D, I think it will leave the 7D in the dust.
If I am correct then I cant wait to see how good the 7D replacement will be.

I approve of the shift to 20mp from 18! I was very worried Canon might have done a bigger jump and hopefully this means that they've had a chance to really work on the high ISO performance*! It sounds like a very good replacement for the 60D! I just hope that this also means we'll hear news of a Canon 7DMII or 8D or something as well.

*it also means the file size won't be making a massive jump as well

I doubt Canon will produce something that is as good as the 7D, I think it will leave the 7D in the dust.
If I am correct then I cant wait to see how good the 7D replacement will be.

Considering the 7d is up for refresh it needs to leave the old one in the dust.

Hopefully it has a good buffer to go along with the 7FPS.

If the buffer and processing in-camera is the same as the 7D chances are you'll likely get closer 6FPS on average

Guys dont be greedy, the 70D isnt even out yet and you are already debating the performance of the replacement of the 7D.
Enjoy the moment :)

If the buffer and processing in-camera is the same as the 7D chances are you'll likely get closer 6FPS on average

Guys dont be greedy, the 70D isnt even out yet and you are already debating the performance of the replacement of the 7D.
Enjoy the moment :)

Naw its the 70D rumour above that has the 7fps - however the new processing setup in the cameras means that often you only hit that for either a very short time or in ideal conditions and that thereafter the in-camera processing and other functions eats up the time so the actual average fps you can expect is a little lower. It's mostly a moot point and only tends to be the kind of thing people doing studies where they need or measure very specific performances/elements based off the fps will ever notice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back