The new Mother American Robin

Ralest42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been watching this bird for the last few days, she is a new mother. I'm amazed at how quickly the young birds grow, however, they have been proving very difficult to photograph due to where there nest is located. This mother bird on the other hand has been giving me quite a few photo opportunities. (This particular robin never seems to be without having a mouthful.)

$DSC00858 - Copy.JPG

This isn't a great shot, but I'm still trying to get a better one with this mother and her young.

$bird_family.jpg

$DSC00839 - Copy.JPG

$DSC00840 - Copy.JPG

I love robins! I also took the liberty to edit #3 for you. If you don't want people editing, let me know and I'll delete it. I'm learning Lightroom, and I need all the practice I can get!

$robin2.jpg

I don't mind at all, my main focus right now is learning to take better pictures. Of course I understand the importance of editing as well, but the pure picture plus feedback helps me to learn to take better pictures.

By the way, nice edit.

Bird Family shows a LOT of potential if you can get that close, and have the babies popping up to be fed like that! Keep at that shot! Looks like maybe a bit more exposure is needed. But with the nest in the window and unobstructed like that, well, that shot could be a GOOD one!

Agree with Derrell here...the nest is in a good location and has a lot of potentials for improvement. The edit of Mike is also brilliant. Love the colours.

That is as long as mama doesn't mind.

Thanks for the feedback, I got even closer to the nest today, it really looked like the babies were about to fly, and go figure I ended up getting just a tad to close and it turned out that Mama had been lying in the nest. Didn't get any pictures today. I'm still trying and will share them when/if I'm able to get them.

Yep, been there done that! I always think I can take that ONE extra step closer to my egrets and herons................. and still I don't learn!!!

I take it the first shot is cropped, its still showing pretty good details if it is. Darn good in fact. Love the colours and poses, who on earth could resist the little ones :), Very nice.

All the best and keep them coming.

Danny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back