480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Earlier this year, I tasked myself to scan in all the old family photos in my possession. Last month, I accomplished that task.

However, that was just the first of three steps. Step two was to caption each image with data about the image, as well as copying any notations that were on the front or back of the image. I have found a simple captioning program that allows me to do just that: It adds canvas to the bottom of the image and I can insert whatever text I find on the image. So I end up with:

BatchA32.jpg

Not only have I started captioning the images, I am posting them in a special album in my PhotoBucket page. I'm forwarding the link to all my family members, encouraging them to look at the old photos and forward the link to other family members.

As I caption the images, I am storing the original prints in groups of 20, by order of their filename. So in the future, if anyone wants to locate the original print, they can easily do so with just the filename.

Thats a great way to share old photos, Im going to give this some thought. My grandmother and my mom have a ton of photos.

Sparky is that you. Those are some dapper looking suspenders.

Joe

Sparky is that you. Those are some dapper looking suspenders.

Joe

Hardly. It's actually my great-grandparents. Taken when I was 6. I don't know who is in the middle.

But the house on the left in the background is still there (the one on the right was town down in the 90's).

Most reactions

Back