What's new

The Old Tower

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
29
Location
Owasso, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just an experiment with star trails.

616408_4280442326457_58360990_o.jpg
 
Cool shot man. That's a sweet structure, whatever it is.
 
I notice that the star trails seem to be 'dotted lines' more than a continuous trail. Any ideas why this might be?

I'm assuming the shutter was open the whole time, so I'm guessing it's something about the way the camera works?
 
I notice that the star trails seem to be 'dotted lines' more than a continuous trail. Any ideas why this might be?

I'm assuming the shutter was open the whole time, so I'm guessing it's something about the way the camera works?

This is 87 stacked images, it is from the ever so slight delay from one shot to the next.
 
Also, corrected.

the_old_tower_by_mxjerrett-d59646z.jpg
 
The second image is much more pleasing. The major detracting element from the first photo was the fact that the tower was a big shadowy object that was just screaming to have light cast upon it for added detail. Nice work.
 
This is 87 stacked images, it is from the ever so slight delay from one shot to the next.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering how you would get a "string of pearls" effect.
 
This is 87 stacked images, it is from the ever so slight delay from one shot to the next.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering how you would get a "string of pearls" effect.

Also, if you blow the image up to about 50%, the lines become much more smooth. Another thing to note, the original image was simply the original 87 jpg images with 0 edits. The second image, I corrected the images in LR, exported, then stacked, with some final touch ups in photoshop. I do feel the tower is a tad bit too sharp, but that can be fixed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom