the Other Side of Twilight C&C

RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, first post here for me but have been lurking for a while now.

I got my first DSLR a week or so back and thought I would share an image I captured the morning after the new cam arrived.

Well worth the early start to get this one shot. I had it printed today 12"x18" and it came out beautifully.

I was after a particular kind of shot so set out to capture the idea in my head. The idea was COLOUR and lots of it, warmth, something you can glance at hanging on your wall and lift your spirits a little.

I achieved my own goal :D, but importantly, for me to improve I need some constructive feedback, good bad and ugly.

Thanks and hi once again :thumbup:

054print.jpg

Awesome shot imo. And you got this the first day of having your SLR ?! im jelous! Did you do any pp?

I think its a great capture. I love the bird in the background. I like the colors also. I have had trouble with sunsets. Can't CC on how to make it better, but I think it has great potential.

Awesome shot imo. And you got this the first day of having your SLR ?! im jelous! Did you do any pp?

Levels adjusted from raw file, increased sharpness and saturation and because I dont yet own own a graduated filter I applied one to bring the blue in the sky out which had the side effect of enhancing all the colours in the sky.

A curves layer also applied, soft light.

Wow, thanks for all your great comments. :D

Oh the jealousy! This picture is amazing! I can only hope I can get a shot half as good as this when I get my camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back