What's new

The Pier by the Bridge

I like the golden light reflecting of the water along with the purple huw of the water itself.
 
I enjoy the seated person, and the two people standing at the end of the pier--that bit of human presence really makes this shot feet more-inviting to me than the usual people-free landscapes we see so often from the majority of shooters. People in a 'scape help to give a better sense of scale to viewers. So, how long of an exposure are we looking at here? Is it one frame, or more than one? Are there any special shooting techniques or filtration, or post work comments you might wanna' share with us?
 
I really love the scene, love the feel of your bridge and water and everything, but something just doesn't balance for me. The exposure, color, focus, processing are awesome. I am just left wondering what the subject of the image really is?
 
I really love the scene, love the feel of your bridge and water and everything, but something just doesn't balance for me. The exposure, color, focus, processing are awesome. I am just left wondering what the subject of the image really is?

Probably the pier guide your eyes to unbalance situation. It's to close tho the right. Anyway amazing colors specially the light's reflection and water.
 
VERY nice. I don't see any way to improve on it.
 
I enjoy the seated person, and the two people standing at the end of the pier--that bit of human presence really makes this shot feet more-inviting to me than the usual people-free landscapes we see so often from the majority of shooters. People in a 'scape help to give a better sense of scale to viewers. So, how long of an exposure are we looking at here? Is it one frame, or more than one? Are there any special shooting techniques or filtration, or post work comments you might wanna' share with us?

You're right about scale to viewers! The light was low enough that long exposures at 100 ISO were necessary. This was about 40 minutes after sundown. I closed up the aperture too to get nicer star bursts.

I really love the scene, love the feel of your bridge and water and everything, but something just doesn't balance for me. The exposure, color, focus, processing are awesome. I am just left wondering what the subject of the image really is?

I really love the scene, love the feel of your bridge and water and everything, but something just doesn't balance for me. The exposure, color, focus, processing are awesome. I am just left wondering what the subject of the image really is?

Probably the pier guide your eyes to unbalance situation. It's to close tho the right. Anyway amazing colors specially the light's reflection and water.

Thanks guys. I can see 2 different pictures here. One which would've been focused on the people at the pier. And one focused on the reflections on the water. I suppose now it's more of a "location" shot.
 
Complex scene. I like the vertical movement on the LHS...I feel more energy over there...like the thin posts shooting straight to the sky...and the people and boats over there make that a very interesting area of the image IMO. Yep...there's a lot going on here...lots to look at. This shot reminds me of Seattle for some reason...a city that I LOVE. Very cool shot...very interesting!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom