The Pink House #2

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a re-edit from a single exposure RAW file. The original, posted last fall, was an HDR from 3 .jpg exposures.
780-c5841-v2w.jpg

i like the colour, i like the mood.

just the halo at the horizon is a bit too intense for myself.

what i personally do not like, is the clockwise tilt and the wide angle distortion due to pointing the camera slightly upwards. I would have probably pointed the camera at the horizon and cropped it 2x1 then to get rid of part of the foreground. But that is just my approach to these things and just personal :D

i like the colour, i like the mood.

just the halo at the horizon is a bit too intense for myself.

what i personally do not like, is the clockwise tilt and the wide angle distortion due to pointing the camera slightly upwards. I would have probably pointed the camera at the horizon and cropped it 2x1 then to get rid of part of the foreground. But that is just my approach to these things and just personal :D

I've gone back and looked at the original HDR, I did do some distortion correction and since I like that shot so much I've corrected likewise on the original for this one- if I get a chance later I'll posy the update I still prefer my shots kept at a standard size rather than cropped to something otherwise.

WOW great shot.....

Thanks.

I like what you have.
What I would do if it were my shot:
up the midtones some, while still keeping the mood. I might leave the sky alone and just adjust midtones on the ground
Warm it up and lose some of the blue on the ground. Add some red and yellow and lower the blue and magenta.

thanks for your thoughts.

Thank you Fox Paw.

Looks like a sweet spot for some paintballing.. Awesome shot.

Looks like a sweet spot for some paintballing.. Awesome shot.

Thanks-

Thought I'd try a version with the distortion ckeaned up and to lighten it up a bit.

782-c5841-v41.jpg

They're both very good but I prefer the first. It has more mystery and, to my taste, better colors.

They're both very good but I prefer the first. It has more mystery and, to my taste, better colors.

I think I'm with you on that. I like the distortion myself. Gotta learn to go with my first impression.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back