Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/6.3
ISO 64
1/200Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
36 mm

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

SB 910 On Camera Flash, And Lucky I Got The Shot Off, She Is Very Camera Shy.

Alice Turned 78 Years Young Today.

20180930-untitled-6-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Having been in the same situation with friends/family Sometimes you're just lucky to get the shot. No doubt the background is horrendous but fortunately is an easy fix in PS. Might be time to extend your skill set. :distracted:

Since most of my friends my age are also showing varying signs of wear and tear, I have a delima on each shot. Lines on a man are almost always perceived differently then lines on a woman. Some women seem to be overly sensitive about and others not so much. I walk a fine line on rendering an image that shows just enough to be realistic.

Having been in the same situation with friends/family Sometimes you're just lucky to get the shot. No doubt the background is horrendous but fortunately is an easy fix in PS. Might be time to extend your skill set. :distracted:

Since most of my friends my age are also showing varying signs of wear and tear, I have a delima on each shot. Lines on a man are almost always perceived differently then lines on a woman. Some women seem to be overly sensitive about and others not so much. I walk a fine line on rendering an image that shows just enough to be realistic.

I think you are right, it's time to extend the skill set! :eagerness:

I would not change a thing.

D850
f/6.3
ISO 64
1/200Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
36 mm

View attachment 163839

Enezdez
I aggre with Derrel. To me the environment adds to the photo. I like it a lot.

D850
f/6.3
ISO 64
1/200Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
36 mm

View attachment 163839

Enezdez
I aggre with Derrel. To me the environment adds to the photo. I like it a lot.

Of course, the environment is a _critical_ part of the entire photo. The idea that the environment could be "improved" by retouching the backdrop is...not even gonna use 'any' adjective here...

This is what's called "neorealism".

While I would agree that the image and it's environmental working class elements could be construed to be of the classic 40's genre, I would also submit that artists of the era were still cognizant of the surroundings and their affect on the composition. IMO having the AC in the background would be a contributing element of the a typical working class home, but having it protruding from the side of the head is a distraction that takes away from an otherwise candid shot of the woman.

I would normally agree with smoke about editing the background to make it look its best, but I think in this case, it looks better as is.

That said, I'm not really a fan of this shot anyway. Don't like the processing, and I don't think it's a very flattering shot.

She looks like my MIL only she had blonde hair rinse. I would like to see less texture.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICE!

sheesh.

:victorious:

Most reactions

Back