The River Welland

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A view in the middle of the town of Stamford, Lincolnshire, next to an open park-like space and meadow. A green spot surrounded by the bustle of cars, footballers and people eating ice creams.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/06/thinking-about-fishing.html

River-Welland-at-Stamford.jpg

Beautiful. The colors are very crisp and the boats really make it a great pic.

Once again (as happens in anything you show us here!!!) you spotted a beautiful scene, and framed it perfectly! It is such a soothing scene - and very GREEN :lovey:, too - that I really wish I could be there.

You say there were cars around you? Many people? Footballers? Ice-cream eaters? :shock: It doesn't show!!! GOOD! :biggrin:

Thanks KabeXTi & Corinna. Corinna, my wife says I'm always waiting for people to exit from my compositions. In fact she looks at our snaps and wonders if she accompanied me, because she remembers all the people that were around when I took the picture. On this one, however, the hundreds of peope nearby were very accommodating, and stayed out of shot without any waiting on my part at all :D

Regards, Tony

What a beautiful oasis of calm. The boats, and the reflections in the water, are such a great crowning touch to the pic. As Corinna said, it's hard to believe there were cars and people nearby.

Thanks Empress & Antarctican. I've pointed the camera at this view before, but never pushed the button. Here, the light and boats seemed right, so I did.

Regards, Tony

That's very nice. The composition and colors are very cool.

I know what you mean about waiting for a shot to clear. Sometimes, when conditions are right, pesky people aren't so pesky.

Nice shot. I'd maybe crop some and get rid of some of the left and top. But then it's not my shot. I just think the boats are nice yet pushed aside for the trees. That may have been your goal. Wow, I just argued with myself. I wonder if I won?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back