The road to nowhere

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This picture didn't exactly turn out the way I had hoped but I thought I might as well post it. Also depending one how dark your monitor is I don't know if it will look the way I hoped. I tried to brighten the road just enough so that you can see it but not too much because the mood completely changed for me when I did. The mood was also different when the road was too dark so it may only look right on my monitor. Sigh, oh well. There's also an obvious hot spot but I think it worked for this picture. Please let me know what you think.

roadh3.jpg

Ah - too bad: no road on my monitor :( - just the silhouette of the top of the car. The bottom part of the photo is all black to me here.
That's the tricky thing about digitalised photos, isn't it?
But you'd not so easily put up a private gallery for the whole world to see with enlarged prints.....
I do get the idea of why you liked this scene, though!

LaFoto said:
Ah - too bad: no road on my monitor :( - just the silhouette of the top of the car. The bottom part of the photo is all black to me here.
That's the tricky thing about digitalised photos, isn't it?
But you'd not so easily put up a private gallery for the whole world to see with enlarged prints.....
I do get the idea of why you liked this scene, though!
Thanks for commenting. I was hesitant to put up this picture mainly because it really depended on getting the lighting correct on everyone's monitor. I kind of guessed it was too dark but I wanted to make sure. Anyway, it's not a digital thing it's more of a Mac and PC thing. Macs display things a lot brighter than most PC comptuers.

I tried fixing it below but I'm kind of shooting blind here since I don't know how it's going to look on your monitor. This new picture is a little too bright on my monitor. It's also a little screwed up with noise/grain because I had to edit it too much in photoshop.

roadh3a.jpg

Still no road to be seen - on MY monitor, that is.
I put the pic onto my computer and changed its brightness just so I would for once see the road and I now know what you mean in how the general mood changes when you brighten the picture too much. It's just that I wanted to see in how far the road was "a road to nowhere", for I could only GUESS it would lead to the top of a hill and there "disappear". I've seen it now, but the photo loses much by brightening it too much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back