What's new

The Shark Nebula, V2

crimbfighter

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,219
Reaction score
1,784
Location
Wisconsin, United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the nice parts about astronomy is having the ability to add more exposure time to a target year after year, making the image better over time. This is the first time I've added exposures to a target spanning more than a year! Last year was the first time I captured the Dark Shark Nebula, but only had about 4 hours of exposure time on it. I added two more nights, bringing this to a 12.5 hour exposure! This allowed much more of the dark gas and dust to be brought out of the image and more detail to be resolved, particularly the small galaxy on the right side of the frame.

-Astro-Tech AT130EDT 130mm f/7 telescope with a 0.8x reducer, making it a 728mm focal length, f/5.6 scope.
-ZWO ASI2600MC Pro cooled camera
-ZWO EAF focuser
-iOptron HAE43 Strain Wave Gear mount
-Optolong L-Pro light pollution filter
-Pegasus Astro Mini Powerbox
-Orion 60mm guide scope
-Orion Starshoot autoguider
-Controlled with a MeLE Quieter3Q mini PC running Windows

Software
-Sequence Generator Pro for acquisition
-PixInsight and Photoshop for image processing
-PHD2 guiding software

-250 x 180sec subexposures
-calibrated with 15 each darks, flats, and dark flats
-Total integration time of 12.5hrs

Shark Nebula 12hrs 30min.webp
 
Wonderful ! and thank you for such detailed information you always give on the subject and how it was captured.
 
Mindblowing Photograph.
Fascinating speciality Astrophotography. Mucho tech expertise I think!
 
Awesome image.
 
I keep waiting to see the "Enterprise" come swooping out of the sky. "Scotty we need more power"
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom