The Spring Mountains

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
780-5x7-7583.jpg

Awesome shot from the foreground to the mountains and everything in between.

I am wondering do you print most of your photos? cause I think pretty much all of them would look great printed pretty big

Awesome shot from the foreground to the mountains and everything in between.

I am wondering do you print most of your photos? cause I think pretty much all of them would look great printed pretty big

Thank you.

Mostly 5x7 & double matted on 8x10 anymore. The large stuff looks good, but is expensive and ends up sitting rolled up in boxes and getting in the way.

Primarily, the end product is little-tiny versions for my web sites.

wow that is a good one..

nice use of DOF... Its cool for me to see something like that since I live in NE and can't get too many looks at deserts.

Thanks. I enjoy showing the place off. The desert has really done something to my head. :thumbup:

wow that is a good one..

Thank you.

BTW, this is Red Rock Canyon about 20 minutes outside of Las Vegas.

Wow, just wow. Excellent all the way around. Composition is perfect imho. The lighting and mood of this photo has me coming back and staring at it often. Thanks for sharing!

Nice shot!

Thanks.

Wow, just wow. Excellent all the way around. Composition is perfect imho. The lighting and mood of this photo has me coming back and staring at it often. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I want to go back and go off into one of those canyons. There are trails all over the place.

Thanks. I enjoy showing the place off. The desert has really done something to my head.
I think its called sunstroke -- what you need is to get into some shade and drink lots of water ;)

As to the photo - great work! A very good depth of detail to the shot, with great texture displays. What I especially like is its 3D appearance.

great shot abraxas, love the primordial look.

Thanks. I try to keep them sort of timeless-looking.

Stunning texture in deed. I really love the shot.

Thank you.

Thanks. I enjoy showing the place off. The desert has really done something to my head.

I think its called sunstroke -- what you need is to get into some shade and drink lots of water ;)

As to the photo - great work! A very good depth of detail to the shot, with great texture displays. What I especially like is its 3D appearance.

Yep, sunstroke. Don't mind at all. :)

--

I've been fooling with ways to get more depth to my shots fooling around with, in this case, sharpening. Here I used the unsharp mask on the mountains at one level, and the plants and foreground a little bit more. I left the midground as is/was. Then I swiped a light burn brush across the midground. I think the darker midtones give the area relief.

if you want more depth you could also try stacking photos one on top of the other - I see it a lot in macro, less in other areas - course it means you have to be quick or in stable light to stop the whole thing from falling apart

if you want more depth you could also try stacking photos one on top of the other - I see it a lot in macro, less in other areas - course it means you have to be quick or in stable light to stop the whole thing from falling apart

I've kicked that around a bit. I see you've seen TPE's work
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144579&highlight=tpe

His shots blow me away, and I've been wanting to try it with landscapes. The software is out of the question right now, therefore, and I need to improve my PS skills.

What your'e saying about the steady light interests me. With HDR I sometimes wait a minute or two between long exposures. It does cool things with sky color and shadows. I wonder what the effect of changing light would be on a stacked series?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back