The ups and downs of harvest time

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It's a roller coaster ride for the combine driver in these wheat fields on the Yorkshire Wolds.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/08/staff-of-life.html

Combine-Harvester,-Yorkshire-Wolds.jpg

Yeee-haaaaaaaw!

Good eye, good capture. Love the lines, and the colour differentiation between the freshly harvested and about-to-be-harvested crop.

Thanks Antarctican. I took this shot as I was driving past for the plain, unusual (in my part of the world) background and the lines that run through it. I wished I'd seen the combine going down the hill!

Regards, Tony

I really like it. I love the colors and lines and the hills (both downhill and uphill) give a real depth to the photo. Then again, I'm not shocked that I love a photo of yours....I have with all of them that I've seen.

Love those sweeping lines and colours. Nice one.

Thanks Nate & pm63 - I really appreciate the feedback. I've tried photographing combines at work a few times, but always ended up with images of too much complexity. The background here gave me the simpler look I'd been chasing.

Regards, Tony

Beautifully done! :thumbsup:

A "genuine Boughen" this one is once again! :D
Very well spotted, perfectly composed, simple but highly effective in its composition, working with lines and shapes. Very good!

Thanks Dmitri, Puscas & Corinna. I had planned to shoot a few more combine images today, but then the rain came!

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

New Topics

Back