The view from my deck.....Tips appreciated!

I wish I had this view! the highlights at the top of the clouds are too bright. Where is this?

Can't do much on the highlights since it is at it's natural state of things unless you can control weather :D. And if you adjust whites it might take away details on other 'lesser' highlights and render image very unnatural. Dodging back on those muted highlights might again make it look muddy.

I wouldn't really suggest burning much as it can make that part look muddy as well.

Might consider trying clone stamping ...

The clouds are level-ish and the terrain is naturally that way? If so, I see absolutely nothing 'wrong' with the composition of the photo. Land isn't meant to be flat anymore(unless we all moved back in time to before Columbus took a trip)

And I was thinking those type of clouds move pretty quickly...at least the cloud formations like that do here. So the third is my 'fav' out of the bunch!

Scott (nice deck view) B

The clouds are level-ish and the terrain is naturally that way? If so, I see absolutely nothing 'wrong' with the composition of the photo. Land isn't meant to be flat anymore(unless we all moved back in time to before Columbus took a trip) And I was thinking those type of clouds move pretty quickly...at least the cloud formations like that do here. So the third is my 'fav' out of the bunch! Scott (nice deck view) B

They sure did move fast! Maybe next time I will up my iso (I was trying to shoot at 100 here) so I can catch a 5 frame hdr. When I get all 5 shots in, even the tops are orange instead of blown out!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back