I also am an avid fisherman and have been for such a long time.
Your second shot is awesome. If you remove the border it will become outstanding. I love the colors and the placement of the sun in relation to the fisherman and piers.
just one other nitpick. the black dot to the right of the piers. If you could remove that it would not distract from your well composed shot.
Thanks guys. This was one of those last minute things on my way in to work this morning (was heading in early to do some paperwork, well, that didn't get done, hehe) in Waveland, Mississippi. I wanted to be a bit closer, but would have had to wade myself. I should've. I do need to do a bit of editing on some of these. Here is the one of the guy looking into the sun (it is the only one I cropped significantly):