Theatrical Photography

dinodan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last week, I started to do photography for one of the local theatre companies. I had originally posted these in another section, but didn't get much response, so I'm putting them up here. The last photo is of a poster that the theatre had printed using my work. This has been a fun and interesting project! All were shot during dress rehearsal. Comments welcomed.

This first photo is from film, the rest are digital...

FAF_1B0001.jpg

DSC_0071crsm.jpg

DSC_00530001sm.jpg

DSC_0080sm.jpg

Poster_reflection_sm.jpg

Isn't this kind of photography fun?
I love to work with dancers or performers, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing the rehearsal photography of that one dance project back in April/May/June. And what a feeling to be seeing your work as the one the makes the advertising poster for the show, isn't it? (If you're interested, look at Post 25 of this_thread_of_mine ).

Is Photo 4 a scene within the play or is it the two discussing something they need to work on further? Is it a script he's holding or is the paper a stage prop?

Isn't this kind of photography fun?

Yes, it sure is! I was thrilled when they did the poster. I will check out the thread you referenced.

Is Photo 4 a scene within the play or is it the two discussing something they need to work on further? Is it a script he's holding or is the paper a stage prop?

Very good observation. I hate to give away too much and possibly spoil the fun for someone. Think "play within a play"...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back