Think it's time to upgrade my Cactus V2s

If so, this should allow me to control the power manually remotely, right?

EZset Strobe: With Patent Pending EZset Strobe, a photographer can now dial up and down the power on nearly any past or present handheld TTL capably flash directly from a JrX or PX Transmitter. It is time to dust off those old flashes that you couldn’t sell on ebay for $30! Note that EZset Strobe will need to be used with the RPcube (connects JrX Receiver Sync Port to the hot-shoe of a handheld flash) which will be available in 6-8 weeks for purchase.

6-8 weeks from these guys could mean 6-8 months or longer. ;)

Where is that rolling eyes avatar when I need it, becuase that is *so* true... lol

Hey Derek, have you modded your V2s so that they get an incredible increase in range yet? If not... you should consider it!

2680526375_75617b5301.jpg

2680526333_8f9d0b52cb.jpg

Can someone provide a link to some V2's? Iv tried checking out vivitars site but dont know which ones the v2's are.

Can someone provide a link to some V2's? Iv tried checking out vivitars site but dont know which ones the v2's are.

Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Flash Trigger :: Cactus 4-Channel Wireless Flash Trigger Set V2s

Did the whole V2s thing, including the transmitter antenna mod, receiver battery mod, etc. It worked ok for what I needed at the time, but I still had some misfires here & there. I went with Paul C Buff's (Alien Bees) Cybersync setup, and haven't had a single misfire in over 6 months of use.

I was contemplating Poverty Wizards before making my purchase, and even tried them out at the local store. But, I cannot contemplate any time when I am going to need 1600' of range, and one of those sitting on top of the camera is quite large....large (and expensive) enough to make me worried about bumping & breaking it (plastic foot). The Cybersync transmitter is about 1/3 the size, and while it also has a plastic foot, it's going to take a little more leverage to break it since it's smaller....at least it made sense to me.

Yes, I know the muslin still has fold creases in it..:lol: I just got it in the mail and haven't had a chance to steam it yet.

Cameracybersync.jpg

What is with Nikon's and those silly screen protectors? I've never used one on my Canon cameras and my screens are just fine after several years of use and abuse. ;)

Ok, so as of right now, it just triggers the flash, right? But it would work with my equipment? Think this is much better than my cactus v2s?

Hey Derek, have you modded your V2s so that they get an

I watched a tutorial on how to do it and was too scared to try it...im kinda a puss and it takes me a while to build up the courage to mod things I spent money on... :meh:

What is with Nikon's and those silly screen protectors? I've never used one on my Canon cameras and my screens are just fine after several years of use and abuse. ;)

That one is a replacement. The original took a hit from a drop that would've trashed the screen for sure. Granted, the insurance would have covered it, but replacing that little protector was far less trouble. I treat that like I do the UV filters on the lenses....I'll leave them on there for storage in the bag and for banging around in the field, but will take them off in more controlled environments like the studio.

Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Flash Trigger :: Cactus 4-Channel Wireless Flash Trigger Set V2s

Did the whole V2s thing, including the transmitter antenna mod, receiver battery mod, etc. It worked ok for what I needed at the time, but I still had some misfires here & there. I went with Paul C Buff's (Alien Bees) Cybersync setup, and haven't had a single misfire in over 6 months of use.

I was contemplating Poverty Wizards before making my purchase, and even tried them out at the local store. But, I cannot contemplate any time when I am going to need 1600' of range, and one of those sitting on top of the camera is quite large....large (and expensive) enough to make me worried about bumping & breaking it (plastic foot). The Cybersync transmitter is about 1/3 the size, and while it also has a plastic foot, it's going to take a little more leverage to break it since it's smaller....at least it made sense to me.

Yes, I know the muslin still has fold creases in it..:lol: I just got it in the mail and haven't had a chance to steam it yet.

It's a good thing you don't use equipment with PW receivers in it. It is one of the most convenient things in the world though.

Ok, so as of right now, it just triggers the flash, right? But it would work with my equipment? Think this is much better than my cactus v2s?

Hey Derek, have you modded your V2s so that they get an

I watched a tutorial on how to do it and was too scared to try it...im kinda a puss and it takes me a while to build up the courage to mod things I spent money on... :meh:

bump

Also, does this new system allow me to use ETTL off camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back