Think Tank Photo Shape Shifter Review

Armin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.armindefiesta.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Shape Shifter backpack is a unique backpack solution from Think Tank Photo. I've had it for about 10 months and it has served my purpose well – a low profile backpack that can transport my gear from destination to destination, especially in and out of airlines and airports where I want to have at least one hand free.

PROS:
  • Low profile compared to other backpacks I’ve used
  • Designed to expand and contract it shapes around your gear so there’s no wasted space which aids in keeping a lower profile than some backpacks I've used
  • Lots of storage capability for a low profile bag
  • Surprisingly comfortable thanks to the padded backside and waist strap
  • Holds a 17 inch laptop
  • A great solution as an airline travel carry-on for your main gear, unless you prefer a roller bag like Think Tank Photo’s Airport International V2
CONS:
  • Not easy to work out of on location as the bag is designed to collapse when taking gear in and out

While it’s not easy to work out of for me on location, I usually have a shoulder bag or my Boda lens bag anyway for to work from. My goal with a backpack is so I carry my cameras on my shoulders and store secondary items in the Shape Shifter while keeping at least one hand free.

For a complete photo and video review, check it out on my blog. Thanks for checking this out, I hope it's helpful to some looking for a unique backpack solution!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back