Thinking of a camera (DSLR - Rebel XT or D40)

Corbin Lane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, I'm kinda new to the photography but not really. I had a Film SLR (Canon - Cant think of the model right now and too lazy to find it) from 4 years ago. It was a good camera but I'm looking at something that suits my needs - Digital. I'm thinking of Buying ether Canon Rebel XT, Or the Nikon D40.

What do you think is better? What has better Lenses, Filters etc..? I've read the reviews but thats not enough.

Thanks,
Juanto.

If your Canon film SLR is an EOS camera, you could use the lens(es) with the Canon XT, so it would make sense to go with Canon. Otherwise CAnon Rebel XT and Nikon D40 are probably equally good cameras that will give very good quality pictures. Search the forum for XT versus D40 as this question has been asked many times.

If you have Canon lens already than the choice is easy, but I went with the Nikon due to the feel of the camera. Canon/Nikon is like Ford/Dodge/Chevey:) It is all up to what you personally think about them. Best advise is to go hold them. That is what did it for me:)

If your Canon film SLR is an EOS camera, you could use the lens(es) with the Canon XT, so it would make sense to go with Canon. Otherwise CAnon Rebel XT and Nikon D40 are probably equally good cameras that will give very good quality pictures. Search the forum for XT versus D40 as this question has been asked many times.
Well, Mines a Film SLR Rebel 2000 (EOS) So you're saying that the lenses that I have for it will work?

Well, Mines a Film SLR Rebel 2000 (EOS) So you're saying that the lenses that I have for it will work?

The EOS system is interchangeable. If you have EOS lenses already, the decision should be that much easier.

Most reactions

Back