Thinking of getting a D90

Lamoureux

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think im going to go with buying the D90. The only problem I have is where to get it I was woundering if anyone has any experience with these guys they are an Ebay store. They are called get it digital and here is the link to the kit I am thinking of buying Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera Body +5 Lens Kit * NEW * - eBay (item 160348849907 end time Aug-13-09 15:29:11 PDT). Also I wanted to know if this kit is worth the price. If anyone knows where to get a better kit for around the same price or a better place to buy from let me know. Thanks in advanced.

Generally speaking if a seller has THAT many reviews and most of them are positive, you should be ok assuming the item fits your criteria.

I'm not advocating them, I'm just saying that's my experience.

Two of the lenses don't have VR (18-55mm and 70-300), and have less image quality (and will be dificult to sell later) than their somewhat more expensive VR counterparts. The AF 50 mm f/1.8D is a good lens ($130 new).

The 2X Telephoto, the Wide Angle Autofocus, the filters, the tripod, the mini tripod, the flash unit, are cheap stuff to make the package more appealing without really adding any value.

The remote ($15), memory cards, slingpack, software (comes with every D90) and the rest are good stuff. (The cables, battery, and charger come with every D90)

The seller is making a nice profit for sure and their feedback indicates they are a reputable seller.

I'd say keep shopping, this seller will have this deal here for a while.

if i was starting over, i'd probably start off with the D90 body only and get the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro HSM. and start saving for a 70-200 f/2.8

Two of the lenses don't have VR (18-55mm and 70-300), and have less image quality (and will be dificult to sell later) than their somewhat more expensive VR counterparts. The AF 50 mm f/1.8D is a good lens ($130 new).

The 2X Telephoto, the Wide Angle Autofocus, the filters, the tripod, the mini tripod, the flash unit, are cheap stuff to make the package more appealing without really adding any value.

The remote ($15), memory cards, slingpack, software (comes with every D90) and the rest are good stuff. (The cables, battery, and charger come with every D90)

The seller is making a nice profit for sure and their feedback indicates they are a reputable seller.

I'd say keep shopping, this seller will have this deal here for a while.

Thanks for your addvice. Do you think it would be cheaper building my own kit with better lenses and such and getting rid of some of the stuff I dont need in that kit.

Most reactions

Back