Thirsty?

fishing4sanity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been very hot and dry here for quite some time. I found a dried-up pond and the interesting patterns left when the mud dried. I also found this petrified frog and thought about how much he would have liked to have found water again.
Water frog.jpg

The frog got me thinking about how to portray thirst and our hot, dry summer. Also, I wanted to test out my new Tokina 100mm macro, even though this isn't macro. Does it portray hot, dry, thirsty or just strange snapshots?
Water_1.jpg

Water_2.jpg

Water_3.jpg

Personally don't think the glass of water helps. I would have just done a wider shot of the pond bed. It would portray hot and dry all on its own.

A little frog jerky is good on a hot summer day....

I like the first one, cool!! I might have gone around it to look at the different angles, or cropping available, but it's still good. The second one, doesn't do anything for me. The last one, I like the idea, but the glass and ice look out of place. Maybe if you'd used an old rusty cup or can with a little water it might have worked??

The mud patterns are what caught my attention first, probably would have been best to just stay with that.

I too like the first way better than the others. I think there's more potential there than just a centered, large dof shot.

Most reactions

Back