This could be interesting depending on the price.

There doesn't seem to be anything too special with that lens. It has a few upgraded features, but nothing special. Will have to see how it actually performs. As for price, I don't think Tamron sells anything with VC for less than about $500, so I'm going to guess closer to the $600 range for this lens.

Yes, but the current (non VC) version is only $164.

Sigma/Tamron usually come in cheaper than Canon/Nikon on similar lenses. Canon's 70-300mm IS is $550.
There is also the EF-S 55-250 IS, which is only $255.

So if Tamron wants to charge $500+ for this one, it would have to be darn good.

Well the 28-300 is around 5-600 so it cant be more than 4 i think. if it is around 5-600 ill just hop on the canon 70-200 f4L ..... which i might do anyways! lol

Id guess that the Canon 70-200 F4 is far, far superior to any of the lenses mentioned here. If you want great image quality, and are OK with only 200mm, then go for that.

Yes, but the current (non VC) version is only $164.

Sigma/Tamron usually come in cheaper than Canon/Nikon on similar lenses. Canon's 70-300mm IS is $550.
There is also the EF-S 55-250 IS, which is only $255.

So if Tamron wants to charge $500+ for this one, it would have to be darn good.

Serves me right for pulling numbers out my butt without doing research. :lmao:

That makes sense to me.

Don't sweat it...sometimes I have nothing better to do than look up the price of lenses :er: :lol:

My guess is Tamron will price this lens at $399 to $429 US dollars. This is a full-frame capable lens with 9-blade diaphragm and ultrasonic focusing motor plus vibration compensation...it will not be a "cheap" lens.

That sounds about right...just a little less than the Canon 70-300mm IS.

My guess is Tamron will price this lens at $399 to $429 US dollars. This is a full-frame capable lens with 9-blade diaphragm and ultrasonic focusing motor plus vibration compensation...it will not be a "cheap" lens.

That price is dirt cheap :confused: well it is compared to UK prices

Most reactions

New Topics

Back