This evening at Waterhead, English Lake District

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I rather like #4 But what are the blue, and orangish lines at the back of the lake caused from?
I think the first three could benefit from cropping about a third off the bottom. Overall, well composed to my eye, anyways.

I rather like #4 But what are the blue, and orangish lines at the back of the lake caused from?
I think the first three could benefit from cropping about a third off the bottom. Overall, well composed to my eye, anyways.

As the description says, it's a Windermere Lakes Cruises boat passing with it's blue deck light and navigation light illuminated.

I have been looking into the 645Z so this is a good set of images to compare overall image quality over my D810. I shot Pentax 6x7's and Bronicas back in my film days and have always enjoyed medium format.

I would not have shot the boat crossing, but that's just me. I would advise against over-sharpening as is evidenced by the halo on the distant mountains. It is not just the halo effect you get but also the contrast shift you get when sharpening.

The originals, both full and resized don't show any over sharpening. I see no halos at all in my originals. I took other shots apart from the one with boat crossing. I personally like the boat crossing and like it even more in full size. The world would be boring if all felt the same ;)

Most reactions

Back