This may signal a reduction of "new" pro photographers in USA

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[h=1]Best Buy stock plunges[/h] By Aaron Smith @CNNMoneyInvest October 25, 2012: 12:26 PM ET

Best Buy also expects sales to decline at a similar pace to what it has experienced earlier this year. Its sales fell 5.3% in the first quarter and 3.2% in the second quarter.

Best Buy stock plunges - Oct. 25, 2012

121025040829-best-buy-signage-story-top.jpg

The "pro kit" DSLR's are just sitting on the shelves collecting dust!

There's still plenty of places left: Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club, Walmart, Target, Walgreens . . .

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Yeah.. I'm not too sure as to how this directly correlates to less new "pro" photographers. The internet is just as easy to order off of, or another store. This thread should be totalled "Like past 4 years, BB looking terrible, store closures still being observed". It's a well known fact their business model hasnt been working for years. It's a shame. I like their rewards system, not because of the rewards, but the rewards card tracks your purchases. I had a XboX 360 RROD (red ring of death) on me, didn't have the receipt, but it was within the 2 year warranty period. Brought it to BB - they looked it up on my rewards card and replaced no questions asked.

Its common knowledge BestBuy in store clerks are trained and the best at convincing customers they are instant-pro if they purchase a kit lens and DSLR
bigthumb.gif

ceejaytank...The BestBuy Pro trope is one that 2Wheel looooves to talk about...it's kinda' what he's known for...along with lovely bikini models, shapely blonde assistants, Barbie doll lifestyle shots, funky effects lenses that make blurry pics!!, motorcycles, and off-key humor..and phone booth espionage photos from the Bourne Project....oh,,.,not supposed to talk about the Bourne Project or the phone booths...my bad!!!

ceejaytank...The BestBuy Pro trope is one that 2Wheel looooves to talk about...it's kinda' what he's known for...along with lovely bikini models, shapely blonde assistants, Barbie doll lifestyle shots, funky effects lenses that make blurry pics!!, motorcycles, and off-key humor..and phone booth espionage photos from the Bourne Project....oh,,.,not supposed to talk about the Bourne Project or the phone booths...my bad!!!

Ah gotcha gotcha... a dynamic behind the post I wasn't aware of. haha

Ah gotcha gotcha... a dynamic behind the post I wasn't aware of. haha[/QUOTE]

lmao
bigthumb.gif

I couldn't care less about Best Buy. I hope they just give up and close now. They're headed that way anyway... they're just delaying the inevitable.

I'm with you all I hate them. But they are a nice store front for amazon and others, according to the wall str analysts. I've seen people look at products there, then whip out the 'droid and purchase elsewhere and walk out
bigthumb.gif

I'm with you all I hate them. But they are a nice store front for amazon and others, according to the wall str analysts. I've seen people look at products there, then whip out the 'droid and purchase elsewhere and walk out
bigthumb.gif

I don't care for their staffing... nothing but pot-head teenagers who want the job just to play with the products.

That, and the fact they refused to accept cash.

bigthumb.gif

I don't care for their staffing... nothing but pot-head teenagers who want the job just to play with the products.

That, and the fact they refused to accept cash.

Were you trying to use those $3 bills you make in the basement again? :lol:

Seriously...story, please! Why did they refuse to take your cash money??

.............Seriously...story, please! Why did they refuse to take your cash money??

I wanted to buy a CD about 7 years ago. They didn't have it in stock, but could order it. I told them to go ahead. They got my information, then asked for a credit card. I said I'm paying cash. He said they don't accept cash. I said, "No, I'm paying today, not when it comes in". He said they don't accept cash. I pull out my money clip with far more than the cost of the CD in it (Twenties, if you must know). He said they don't accept cash. I said, 'Look.. I'm going to pay for this today... not when it comes in, so there's no chance I'm gonna blow you off and stick you with a CD you can't sell off the shelf." He said they don't accept cash. I pointed out the words, "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private." He said they don't accept cash.

That's the last time I've been to Bust Buy.

Edit to add: I don't print my money in the basement anymore. I just use the printer next to me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back