Threat Around The Corner

In my area of Staffordshire, this is always a problem, even in the daytime. On occasions, I have seen red deer standing on traffic roundabouts in the middle of the road....

• Wow
Reactions: pez
In my area of Staffordshire, this is always a problem, even in the daytime. On occasions, I have seen red deer standing on traffic roundabouts in the middle of the road....
Around here they like to wait in the shadows to Kamikaze you at the perfect moment.

Nice shot! good thing it saw you. the first week that I had my '15 Yamaha FZ-07 a solid black, wild boar with tusks ran out in front of me but we saw each other in time and no collision but our hearts were pounding. Twas a very good brake test!

• Wow
Reactions: pez
Nice shot! good thing it saw you. the first week that I had my '15 Yamaha FZ-07 a solid black, wild boar with tusks ran out in front of me but we saw each other in time and no collision but our hearts were pounding. Twas a very good brake test!
Back in '01, I was up in the local mountains on my SV650, committed to a left-hand corner on one of my favorite fast sweeper roads called Burnt Mtn Rd. Suddenly, I caught sight of movement to my left ahead (high side) coming into the road, and I thought "DOG". So I instantly checked up and began a panic stop, during which I realized that the moving obstacle was not a dog but a large black bear!! I miraculously came to a stop directly in front of it, maybe 4 feet away right in the middle of the road. As we were staring at each other and I was frantically trying to jam my transmission down into 1st gear, I was deciding whether to attempt a very iffy U-turn or just goose it and try to get around him. Well, he decided for us, and simply lumbered on across the road, disappearing into the foliage to the right (I could swear it looked like he rolled his eyes). I pulled over at the overlook at the top of the mountain and sat on the curb for a while.

Nice catch! The Whitetails do that around here and can really wreck your day... or night.
Thanks! Yeah, it's worse than ever. They are overpopulated.

Nice catch! The Whitetails do that around here and can really wreck your day... or night.
Back in Iowa, it's a huge problem. My sister sent me a news clipping of a letter to the editor written by a woman who was very concerned. It seems that there was a marked deer crossing near her home that had several accidents when deer were hit by cars. She suggested that they move the crossing to a safer place.

Back in Iowa, it's a huge problem. My sister sent me a news clipping of a letter to the editor written by a woman who was very concerned. It seems that there was a marked deer crossing near her home that had several accidents when deer were hit by cars. She suggested that they move the crossing to a safer place.
:laugh2:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back