Time challenge for bycicles

Triehard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This must be one of the hardest disciplines on a bike.
These guys really go to the bottom of their powers to get the best time possible.
I took this one while sitting on a motorbike next to the cyclist.
I wanted to show his expression to you guys/girls.
So is it any good...the picture I mean.;)

bekopen.jpg

Camera Model: NIKON CORPORATION (NIKON D200)
Lens Focal Length: 52,00 mm ()
Shutter Speed: 1/1500 sec
F-Number: F2,8
ISO: 100
Compensation: EV -3/6

:alien:

I like it! Question... what do you mean the bottom of their powers?

And how far is the bike race and what time are they trying to beat?

Nice crisp shot but next time try slowing the shutter down and panning. This will give you a blurry background giving him a sense of movement. Nice bike though.

@ BoblyBill with to the bottom of their power I mean they are totally worn out by the time they arrive at the finish.
It's about 30km and they do that in something around 35/37 minutes.
@ bikefreax slower shutterspeed is not really an option sitting on a motorbikes I would have got a to blurry background and forground aswell since tose were quiet bumpy roads.
I did some panshots that I will post later.... sometime.

Nice crisp shot but next time try slowing the shutter down and panning. This will give you a blurry background giving him a sense of movement. Nice bike though.

I agree. Crisp shot, but if these guys really give it their all, it's better to convey some motion in your shots. We have no sense of speed now.

pascal

IllegalDamage & Puscas thanks for the comments. :thumbup:
@Puscas Like I said earlier longer shutterspeeds and panning was not an option as I was at the back of a motorbike on a bumpy road while taking this shot.
But rest asure as soon Photobucket gets back online I will show my very first panning attempts.

Nice image. On your next shoot slow down the shutter speed to show motion or try panning with the biker to blur the background.:wink:

it looks like his tires are glued to the ground and he's trying to break free!! Great photo though, and with a little work on those panning shots you'll have it dialed. I shoot motocross races and like to shoot around 1/320 to get that blurred effect. Really creates a sense of motion and the speed these athletes go.

Nice image. On your next shoot slow down the shutter speed to show motion or try panning with the biker to blur the background.:wink:

Im going to help out TrieHard here

he already stated 2-3 times that slowing the shutter speed was NOT an option. please read above comments before typing things that have been stated twice.

anyway, nice shot, really like it, shows alot of emotion, keep em coming!

Very good shot, and slightly dangerous, especially if you were the driver of said motorbike....:lol:

wow thats like a mile a minute... ridiculous... I would much rather just get a motorcycle lol

A mile a minute...that's 60 mph sustained for a half-hour.....I think not.

30km is 18 miles, if covered in 36 minutes, is sustaining 30mph the entire time....that may be possible, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to try it....:confused:

Yessss Sir.... L it is :salute::salute::salute::salute: :wink:;)

Very good shot, and slightly dangerous, especially if you were the driver of said motorbike....:lol:

A mile a minute...that's 60 mph sustained for a half-hour.....I think not.

30km is 18 miles, if covered in 36 minutes, is sustaining 30mph the entire time....that may be possible, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to try it....:confused:

pro cyclists are some of the leanest, most trained athletes there are. 18 miles would take me about an hour on my road bike if i put a good effort out. most likely longer since im a bit out of shape (to say the least...) I can sustain 15mph average for an hour or so just taking it easy!

I like the picture, shows how much he is HURTING. Probably what I look like going up hills!

i wanna see more! Cycling and photography dont get no better :D

Most reactions

Back