D850
f/5.6
ISO 800
1/125 Sec
58 mm f/1.4G
58 mm

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

20190909-untitled-148-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez

Only one thing wrong with an otherwise really good still life, it's to tight on the edges. If you have the room to adjust the crop I'd do so, otherwise I'd take it into Ps and stretch the borders just a bit.

Last edited:
I agree with smoke… Too tight at the edges of the frame, creating too much visual tension. A canvas expansion and a re-crop could rescue this.

Looks good to me. I'll go so far as to agree with smoke665 on the borders but I think the rest is relative. EG, I could say it would've looked better with the focus on the pocket watch, grapes and reflection but that would fall into the "opinion zone." :aiwebs_016:

I like the prose of the whole thing.

I do agree that the crop is very edgy especially on the glass.

here I would at least suggest to try a square crop.

it may not work, but it would at least give a bit more room for balance.

Only one thing wrong with an otherwise really good still life, it's to tight on the edges. If you have the room to adjust the crop I'd do so, otherwise I'd take it into Ps and stretch the borders just a bit.

I agree with smoke… Too tight at the edges of the frame, creating too much visual tension. A canvas expansion and a re-crop could rescue this.

I totally agree with both @smoke665 & @Derrel - I totally agree with you both, I knew that from the moment the shutter went off; however, there was no more - I would have to stretch like Smoke suggests but I am going to leave it as is....I don't think the image is strong enough to win....

Thank you all for your nice words!

Cheers,

Enezdez

Most reactions

New Topics

Back