Titled: Simplicity

mdsphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This taken in our yard within the past year and was actually taken with my Android Galaxy Note 5 with some post editing in Snapseed. C&C welcomed
Simplicity.jpg

You got some nice detail for a phone photo and good colors. Not the most interesting subject. Personally I like a macro to be either more abstract or be able to see all of it - for me this is a bit in between.

My guess was the subject was the water droplets, SP. To that end: Something more capable than a cell phone might've yielded better sharpness, giving a more 3D quality to it, which is what I'd look for in such a composition, but, still: I like it. The colour is phenominal, IMHO.

Thanks to all who have commented and given their own aspect and suggestions. I have since acquired and use a EOS Rebel T71. Sadly I had to send it in as there was an issue with the sensor but it's own its way back!

You got some nice detail for a phone photo and good colors. Not the most interesting subject. Personally I like a macro to be either more abstract or be able to see all of it - for me this is a bit in between.
I agree.

The colors are nice, and who doesn't like flowers? Snapseed is a pretty awesome program; I find I use it on a lot of my cell phone shots. And I also use it on some of my imported JPGs from my camera.

The processing is interesting. I am a fan of bokeh and shallow DoF in various shots, but I'm assuming this is a faux DoF created in Snapseed? It makes it look a little unrealistic, because things that should be in focus are not.

I hope you get your Rebel back soon, and try to shoot this image again. If I were to do it with my setup, I'd use a macro lens and get in real close to that big drop at the bottom left and shoot it almost from the side. Then, have the rest of the drops fade out of focus naturally with a wide aperture. Getting in close will also reduce some of the negative space at the top, which I find detracts from this photo.

Waday

Thanks for the feedback is welcome. Have to wait till spring to get another chance at the shot. Yep, camera is due back tomorrow. Have to give credit to Canon as they fixed it under the warranty and done with in a week!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back