Tivo

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
oh my god... a little bit of pee just came out I think...:confused: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TiVo's are coming to Australia... soon.... maybe.
http://www.mytivo.com.au/Default.aspx
Press Release: http://www.mytivo.com.au/tivopressrelease.pdf

So are they good? are they bad? the closest thing we've got to them atm is just HDD recorders - which are great... in essence they're just like a VHS recorder - a ***** to program and record. - but great once you get the hang of them... if ever.

So should I be excited about the TiVo's???.... we heard a lot of hype over here a few years ago coming from america - lots of stuff about being able to skip ads etc.

And how the hell do they work? :confused:

OMG, once you get one you will have a small tootsie roll to match your little bit of pee!:lol:

Tivo or DVR(generic) is just fantastic. Truly inspired by God. You can freeze programs you are watching and advance through commercials, etc.

Programming is a breeze.

Hey, wait, you guys don't have Tivo/HDR already?

Do yall have Tootsie Rolls down there?:lmao:

Oh YEAH - Tivo's are perhaps the best invention in the last 20 years. Programming is very easy.

I never watch 'live' tv anymore. If the show I want to watch is on now I record and go do something for 15 minutes or so, then come back so I can skip the commercials.

I've just moved to Europe, and I can't tell you how much I miss TiVo. I never watched much TV anyway, but now I've completely stopped. The notion of sitting down on my couch and hoping that something good might be on is just a joke.

I've just moved to Europe, and I can't tell you how much I miss TiVo. I never watched much TV anyway, but now I've completely stopped. The notion of sitting down on my couch and hoping that something good might be on is just a joke.

Get yourself on Sky+ or you can get DVD recorders with a built in HDD which can pause live TV and record stuff onto it. You can get digital telly boxes with HDDs too which I think can do the same thing too.

I think we already have something like this Sky+ the Brits are talking about. But it's only on one of Pay TV Companies and is really expensive.

What they're talking about launching in Australia works for Free to Air channels... From what I read, I dunno if it will work on Pay TV as well... it might be - there's not much info out yet.

And I understand what you mean by the "proverbial tootsie roll"... but what is a real one? - some sort of sponge roll thing I'm guessing.

See it's things like this that make me so excited I'm going to America in December!! Everyone thinks we're so similar but we're oh so different.

I thought you said it was only a little bit of pee!!!

drinkingmop2.gif

My VCR died the other week. I was going to get a DVD burn with a HDD through where Sarah works, but bought a fish tank instead. ;)
Got a Nicam VCR yesterday. It's so many bloody options I don't know what I'm doing. £4 at a car boot sale. :mrgreen:

TiVo rocks. I have tried a couple other DVRs from the cable company and its like comparing a Ferrari to a Riding Lawnmower.

hehehehe... well i thought it was a little bit.

no I'm not going to live there. I'm just going for a month long holiday - along the eastern coast and down in to the carribean for 12 days on a cruise. :mrgreen: I'm very excited.

Most reactions

Back