Today’s catches!

medic001918

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The weather rolled in quickly, so I didn’t get to shoot as long as I would have liked to. I did manage some keepers though...

American Oystercatcher

A714B032-E90B-41F5-A694-7C2A46D39BBA.jpeg

C3E70F33-3080-4F5C-9470-A1B2D78028B4.jpeg

Osprey

B4342AFC-8A3C-457A-910A-666F95BCD0FC.jpeg

Snowy Egret

90B7D816-CA99-4EF5-A03E-7A98D9AD4086.jpeg

Semipalmated Plover

45C78D54-D8AD-48EF-AA69-DF437DB1536B.jpeg

Spotted Sandpiper (I think?)

03146F63-2011-491B-9FA3-1BE92250B30C.jpeg

The sandpiper and the plover were just being silly and playing and I couldn’t resist.

Gotta love the osprey shot but the last one grabs me the most, it has so much more going on. I really like how the light glistens on the wet rocks and plants, the water splash capture, the reflection, the birds action and expression.

Very nice set, I don't think I've seen an American Oyster Catcher before so that's kinda cool. :)

Gotta love the osprey shot but the last one grabs me the most, it has so much more going on. I really like how the light glistens on the wet rocks and plants, the water splash capture, the reflection, the birds action and expression.

The Osprey was flying low and slow in the breeze. There was a rain storm moving in so he was able to hang out a bit and made for good shooting. Unfortunately due to the weather, the sky was grey and made for kind of a poor background.

I agree with you about the sandpiper shot. He was giving himself a bath and spent a good amount of time just playing in the water. It made a great backdrop for the image and his action made it even better.

I also like the plovers expression in that image. I had others of him being more traditional, but the look he gave in that snap sold the image for me.

Very nice set, I don't think I've seen an American Oyster Catcher before so that's kinda cool. :)

The oystercatchers are fun birds to shoot. They’re photogenic. I haven’t caught one in flight yet. They’re ground nesters and they migrate. So they’re passing through for now after having chicks. I have a few images of what I believe is the baby (although pretty grown now). If you ever get the chance, they’re worth shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back