Which Photo Do You Like Best Personally

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 5 35.7%

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • #5 None. Give it up!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My tips are similar to Dean's. My camera goes into a dry bag and into a hatch I have on my kayak. I stays there until I've launched and am stable on the water. Once I'm stable I take it out and put the camera strap around my neck. The strap is on the longish side so the camera sits in my lap between my legs. I take my 70-300 zoom with me. No lens changing on the kayak:02.47-tranquillity: It's one of my favorite ways to go out with the camera.

Great set Dean! I am partial to the Hooded Merganser. I guess because of the surface perspective. All the images are great. The snake image definitely has some awesome color rendition.

Also, I have to comment on equipment safety. All previous comments are good. But I espeacially like Pete's idea the best. This past Friday I went to Elk Water Dam Reservoir in West Virginia for some kayak photography. It is a small lake with a lot of potential for wildlife and waterfowl. I entered a small inlet and scattered about two dozen Wood Ducks. Knowing they would eventually return, I tried to maneuver my kayak into a tight spot among a bunch of dead trees that were still in the water. I was in a hurry and being careless. I didn't place my camera rig into it's safe place but left it sitting on my lap (unstrappped to anything). As I was moving backwards, a low lying limb shoved me forward and the camera slipped off my lap and into the water so fast I didn't even get a chance to watch it sink. Duhhhh!!!! :BangHead:
@PJM's advice is spot on. His idea will fit my style perfectly. I not only replaced my equipment with new stuff (same rig, just new) but also acquired some Inland/Marine insurance from State Farm.

My tips are similar to Dean's. My camera goes into a dry bag and into a hatch I have on my kayak. I stays there until I've launched and am stable on the water. Once I'm stable I take it out and put the camera strap around my neck. The strap is on the longish side so the camera sits in my lap between my legs. I take my 70-300 zoom with me. No lens changing on the kayak:02.47-tranquillity: It's one of my favorite ways to go out with the camera.
Sounds like we have very similar approaches to safety of the equipment. Thanks!

Great set Dean! I am partial to the Hooded Merganser. I guess because of the surface perspective. All the images are great. The snake image definitely has some awesome color rendition.

Also, I have to comment on equipment safety. All previous comments are good. But I espeacially like Pete's idea the best. This past Friday I went to Elk Water Dam Reservoir in West Virginia for some kayak photography. It is a small lake with a lot of potential for wildlife and waterfowl. I entered a small inlet and scattered about two dozen Wood Ducks. Knowing they would eventually return, I tried to maneuver my kayak into a tight spot among a bunch of dead trees that were still in the water. I was in a hurry and being careless. I didn't place my camera rig into it's safe place but left it sitting on my lap (unstrappped to anything). As I was moving backwards, a low lying limb shoved me forward and the camera slipped off my lap and into the water so fast I didn't even get a chance to watch it sink. Duhhhh!!!! :BangHead:
@PJM's advice is spot on. His idea will fit my style perfectly. I not only replaced my equipment with new stuff (same rig, just new) but also acquired some Inland/Marine insurance from State Farm.

I am very sorry to hear about that loss! I may have to check into insurance. Good idea! Thank you!

:eek-73: ouch! My brain hurts just thinking about sending my camera to Davy Jones' Locker!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back