What's new

Tonights finds.

Very nice! It's been ages since I've seen an owl in the wild. I hear them from time to time, even here in the neighborhood, but have not seen any of them.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Thank you.
One of the long time birders in our area thought short eared were here more but it just took the persistence of zombiesniperJr to find them.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Thank you.
 
Very nice I think Short eared owls are one of the most widespread birds in the world but not easy to see.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
Thank you.
Look here for sightings in your area. Go to explore, then near the bottom of the page and type in the bird that you're looking for and zoom the map to your area.
https://ebird.org/home
 
Excellent job of capturing this wild raptor. I would have dropped my camera and missed the whole bit. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Thank you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom