Too good to be true?

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure.

I know a photographer that lives in Eastbourne, UK and has purchased things from them and was happy.

But take a look at their reviews on Facebook. Not a ton of happy people lately. 7dayshop.com

Personally, I'd rather purchase from a well known store like Amazon or even your local shop.

Here is the Kingston 128gb SDXC card on Amazon for $39 Amazon.com: Kingston Digital SDXC Class 10 UHS-I 45R/10W Flash Memory Card (SD10VG2/128GB): Computers & Accessories

Here is the SanDisk 64GB CF card on Amazon for $48 which is cheaper than £39.99: Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64GB CompactFlash Memory Card (SDCFXSB-064G-G46): Computers & Accessories

And finally, here is the Lexar SDXC 128GB card with the USB 3 reader on Amazon for $57: Amazon.com: Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 128GB UHS-I/U3 w/USB 3.0 Reader Flash Memory Card - LSDMI128B1NL633R: Computers & Accessories

How much are you really saving?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks although I was really asking if the cards were a good brand. I bought a card reader from them and it was fine.

Sadly on Amazon UK the prices are higher than on Amazon.com

Thanks although I was really asking if the cards were a good brand. I bought a card reader from them and it was fine.

Sadly on Amazon UK the prices are higher than on Amazon.com

Bummer.

Personally, I don't care for Kingston...I've had issues with them in the past.

I only use SanDisk and Lexar and sometimes Sony for photography and video.

For Micro SD cards, I really love Samsung's EVO SD cards. (I have a handful of them haha)

I use sandisc. But that's because I buy products I have stock in, and buy stocks in products I use.
And I have never had one fail.
I use smaller cards to minimize loss in the event of a catastrophic failure of the camera systems such as short circuit, drop or error in the write algorithms.

I use sandisc. But that's because I buy products I have stock in, and buy stocks in products I use.
And I have never had one fail.
I use smaller cards to minimize loss in the event of a catastrophic failure of the camera systems such as short circuit, drop or error in the write algorithms.

That may be okay for photography, but if you are shooting video...many use at least a 64gb SDXC card. If shooting 4K, you'll probably need 128gb card. The Sony RX100 requires SDXC if you want to record in XAVCS with a high bitrate. The smallest card for SDXC is...64gb.

Correct, I avoid 256, 512, and as sizes increase to the maximum of 2tb, I will avoid those as well until the gear requires those sizes to function, I just use the smaller cards that will work for a purpose. Obviously a 128 meg card won't work for long enough.

Correct, I avoid 256, 512, and as sizes increase to the maximum of 2tb, I will avoid those as well until the gear requires those sizes to function, I just use the smaller cards that will work for a purpose. Obviously a 128 meg card won't work for long enough.

Well most can't afford a 2TB SD card anyways..LOL.

I have a 128mb memory card somewhere. I can only fit like 2 raw files on it. hahahah.

Kingston cards are OK, but Lexar and Sandisk are better IME. I've had a couple of Kingston cards let me down (though admitedly they also had rough treatment) where my Lexar and Sandisk ones are still going strong.

Most reactions

Back