Too much processing?

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I messed w/ the colors a lot w/ this picture and I'm wondering if it was too much. :D Any other CC is fine too.

4684118156_7af4a330e1.jpg

The thing with flowers is that people dont know if thats the actual color of the flower. As long as whats green is supposed to be green, no one else knows if thats the right color. Mind you, there are some exceptions that everyone knows like the dandelion. You cant show off a red and black dandelion. Everyone knows thats wrong.

That being said, I do think there is a little too much purple in this one, as the ground is even purple and we all know cement isnt purple.

Mark

I dont undestand why some of the ground is sharp and some blurred.

Small depth of field. That part of the ground that is in focus is the only pard of it that lies within the focal area (I believe theres another word for it, circle of focus or something like that).

Mark

The flower part of the shot looks lovely, but as Schwettylens pointed out, it's kind of unclear why the foreground has a blury/sharp nature to it--that is kind of distracting to me. ALso, I wonder why the foreground is so lavender on the ground...that's a bit off-putting. The photo though overall looks kind of nice, like it has potential.

small DOF....the flower itself is a great subject. i wish the whole pic was is sharp focus. wud make the photo 100x better

How much is too much? You're the artist and you should decide. You're asking us makes me think you are not quite happy with it yourself. In this case, keep working on it until you get what makes you happy.

That said, I agree that the focus is weird. The "ground" seems to be in focus in a different plane from the flower focus and that makes the image awkward.

Thanks for the comments all..........:sexywink:
I can crop out the "ground" to help w/ that distraction.
But all in all I think I like the colors.....lol
Cloud........you are right ART is ART and even though I was worried about the colors, I like them so they stay......lol (always nice to hear from you cloud)
It's always nice to hear what other people think even if in the end you disagree w/ them....:hug::
Thanks again everyone!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back