Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love my city :)

AE1_9670_zps07dbb692.jpg

AE1_9690_zps03cd7037.jpg

AE1_9694_zpsd3fa7836.jpg

I'd love to visit Toronto, it looks like a beautiful city. These are cool shots, although it's a shame you clipped the top off the observation tower in #3!

I agree with Tilshift. The first one of the skyline is better since you get to see the top of the tower.

I actually have a shot of scene with entire tower but the lens I used is the Nikon 18-55mm which I found has a rather bad distorsion, it made the tower looked curved, kind of made me feel like the whole picture is tilted but it was just the tower.
I can post that picture tonight after I return home and let you guys be the judge of how good that picture is and yes I agree the picture is better with the whole tower in the frame.

Great stuff GG - makes me want to visit Toronto

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk
You will always be welcomed here :)
We have the most beautiful Aquarium, Safari and Zoo.
I know you would love it here.

As promised here is the picture with the CN Tower

AE1_9689_zps1a7ae494.jpg

Nice shoots neighbour. Where did you shoot these from? Private condo or a public place?
That distortion and vertical perspective can be corrected in lightroom or photoshop rather easily.
Here is a quick edit with the CN tower now vertical. Did this in lightroom in 30 seconds.

$20140413-AE1_9689_zps1a7ae494.jpg

Nice shoots neighbour. Where did you shoot these from? Private condo or a public place?
That distortion and vertical perspective can be corrected in lightroom or photoshop rather easily.
Here is a quick edit with the CN tower now vertical. Did this in lightroom in 30 seconds.

View attachment 71168
Very nice, I use a free so I wish I could fix it so easily.

I love the first one. So much space, such vivid colors; very peaceful.

View attachment 71168

Nice shots and looks like a nice place. Free software is great but with the amount you have invested in nice gear I think a software that has fixes for perspective and possibly Lens corrections would be a worthwhile investment

View attachment 71168

Nice shots and looks like a nice place. Free software is great but with the amount you have invested in nice gear I think a software that has fixes for perspective and possibly Lens corrections would be a worthwhile investment

Not to mention these are very well composed. Combine all of that, and I'd say it would be worth it to invest in better editing software. Sure, it's a whole new learning curve probably, but you had to learn your free software, right? If you're not interested in Photoshop (I can't use it to save my soul), try Lightroom. Not too complex, but powerful enough to make a difference in your edits.

Goodguy, have you heard of photography.ca? It is a photography website with a lot of Canadians (many in your area).

Sure, it's a whole new learning curve probably, but you had to learn your free software, right? If you're not interested in Photoshop (I can't use it to save my soul), try Lightroom. Not too complex, but powerful enough to make a difference in your edits.
I think you hit the nail on the head, its not the money but the learning curve.

Goodguy, have you heard of photography.ca? It is a photography website with a lot of Canadians (many in your area).
Thank you for the suggestion, I will check it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back