Travel Nikon D7500 one-lens: 35mm 1.8 DX, or 50mm 1.4 FX?

I can bring only one lens for my Nikon D7500 to Scandinavia for 3 weeks in Sept. Do I bring a DX 35 mm 1.8 lens or an FX 50mm 1.4 lens? And why? The one lens must serve all practical indoor and outdoor purposes. I'm torn. Thank you!
I don't think either will serve all purpose's. Have you considered a zoom lense? If you took along even a 28-70 you'd cover all your base's better and only have one lense to carry around. Not such a big deal maybe but also elminates changing lense's. Keeping mind I don't care to get to close to people I might be taking photo's of, head thing with me. Myself if I was going somewhere like that and not for a photo job I suspect I'd have my P&S along in my belt pouch. It has a 25-250 lense, no changing lense's, light weight and takes better photo's than I do.

Actually even a 28-70 wouldn't do me. But I aad an 18-105 and an 18-140 that would suit me real well. Both take in the 35mm and 50mm length and add to them in both directions. I think that the zoom's out there today are probably the best ever and I suspect the marjority of people out there would have a hard time admitting their lense is actually better thaan they are.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back