NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2008-08-23_10-8x10web.jpg

2008-08-23_13-8x10web.jpg

2008-08-23_20-8x10web.jpg

I like these with the dark background. Makes our warty friend stand out nicely :)

really nice pics. Like mentioned, the dark background looks really good.
One thing though, you sure its a frog? I thought frogs had the smooth skin and toads had the warts and stuff.

Thanks guys. I'm not positive that it's a frog, but I thought it was since I've never known a toad to have the suckers "toes".

im not sure neither. Maybe you can google it. I havent got a clue where you are at, so its rather difficult to find a frog/toad species then.
But it isnt necessary offcourse, since you allready have the wicked pics ;)

Very nice, I love #1. The next two are a little dark but still nicely focused and composed just as #1.

Very nice, I love #1. The next two are a little dark but still nicely focused and composed just as #1.

Thanks. I agree #1 is the best. The other's appear underexposed due to my different angle of lighting.

Well, I for one really, really like your "different angle of lighting", directing the light from behind the toad-frog (let me call it that until we know more ;)), giving it a rim of light around it. Looks special. Very attractive. OK, the animal as such might not be "attractive" to all, but the way you placed your flash is! :D

Thanks LaFoto. Yes, on 2 and 3 they were kind of backlit. The flash stand was on the other side of the tree trunk but since I was using a shoot through umbrella, some light spilled in to illuminate the front side just enough too. Thanks for the comments....it's nice to see how the preference for each person can be different.

Oh and after doing some research, this little guy has a lot of characteristics of both a toad and frog. Back Legs, body size match up to a frog, but his feet, skin texture, dryness, and being away from water may me think that he's actually a toad. We'll call him Kermit the Toad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back