Tree.. Up close and personal

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Caught the sight of the tree at a leisure time.. C&C welcome!!!

tree.jpg

Would probably be more interesting if the sky wasn't majorly blown out.... and if the photo wasn't cut in half by the subject / background contrast. There is such a shot DOF that there is not much to look at. My opinion, of course... YMMV!

How do you not blow out a sky when looking up a tree? I took a shot today that had 19 spray painted on it bc it's my bday # (tree is prob about to be chopped down) and the sky was blown. The exposure meter in my camera was dead on though.

Set your exposure, while metering they sky...not the tree. And add fill flash so you don't lose detail in the tree. That's what I would do.

Also try and get your hands on a polarizer, when exposing landscapes that have a bright sky, it can make a world of difference.

Set your exposure, while metering they sky...not the tree. And add fill flash so you don't lose detail in the tree. That's what I would do.

Also try and get your hands on a polarizer, when exposing landscapes that have a bright sky, it can make a world of difference.

good call.... just like shooting backlit people! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back