Tree

iambarefoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another I like. Tell me what you think.
611966391_GsBD3-XL.jpg

It's a cool looking tree, but the background is blown out; and not in a good way.

Hm. You're right. How's this?
3807023176_aaa40b00f1.jpg

Much more visually interesting in your second rendition. You've deepened its tonal range helping your subject tree stand out from the background.

If your editing software allows you to create masks on layers, you could copy your background layer, use levels or curves to make your background darker. Then paint on the mask to prevent the darkening from showing on your subject tree.

Another method might be to use dodging and burning if your software has that capability. This allows us to burn in shadows more darkly, without influencing other parts of the image.

Thanks! - just give me a little room to run, and I'll figure this out!

;)

The whole pic looks washed out actually... love the root structure and the framing is kind of interesting, so I think you have a good source pic, just need some work.

Read your other post about using iPhoto. I'd suggest that explore other editing software options. iPhoto's strength is in creating slideshows and quicktime movies for importing into iDVD or editing for simple web uploads.

You're at a stage where you need more refined tools.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back