What's new

trees

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 19, 2003
Messages
6,194
Reaction score
29
Location
Hollywood, FLA USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
large.jpg
 
That's my kind of landscape: swamp land! I like this. Those trees won't live for much longer, I suppose... Which film?
 
I like the soft 'painterly' look your shots have.

Something I'm wondering about in this shot though- I always imagine that area (Big Cypress National Preserve??), being flat to form the marshes. Isn't the horizon sloping a bit much? The trees on the right look fine though. & I like the deep blue of the water.
 
That's my kind of landscape: swamp land! I like this. Those trees won't live for much longer, I suppose... Which film?
The film is 126 format Ferrania Solaris 200. As for the trees they are find I’ve photographed at this spot several times over the last few years.

I like the soft 'painterly' look your shots have.

Something I'm wondering about in this shot though- I always imagine that area (Big Cypress National Preserve??), being flat to form the marshes. Isn't the horizon sloping a bit much? The trees on the right look fine though. & I like the deep blue of the water.

The softness is likely because the image is scanned from the 4x4 print and not the negative. The slop is likely from how I was holding the camera. The shot does needs rotating about 1-1/2 degrees to the left. Did not fit it because I liked the edges effect.

Your right the land is generally flat. Cypress stand grow with the tallest trees in the center of stand this give it them a dome look. So a horizon view with several stands can look like rolling hills.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom