Tricolor Heron Having a Snack

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Tricolor-Snacking.jpg

This is a really nifty photo! I like it quite a bit. Love the rings in the water, and the way they mess with the reflection a bit. I bet this would make an amazing metal print!

Last edited:
Not a B/W fan but think this is a great photo. Still can't help wondering if a Tricolor Heron wouldn't look better in colour.

all the contrast makes for an amazing shot here. It wouldn't have crossed my mind if Derrel hadn't mentioned it but I bet the metal print would turn out very nice here

Not a B/W fan but think this is a great photo. Still can't help wondering if a Tricolor Heron wouldn't look better in colour.

I have a zillion of them in color and wondered how one might look in B&W but I had to shoot just the right light to get all the colors to stand off the BG. Some of it was due to brilliant shooting (LOL),, some to Photoshop. Most was due to understanding how to create good tonal reaches - how far you can take a dark before it becomes a black, and how far a gray before it goes to blowout white. It's stuff most of us do every day. One thing that most people never seem to get right is the conversion of a color to a grayscale range. It is one of the hardest lessons to learn and though I have been at it for years, I always manage to find one more reach point I couldn't get the time before. I very much consider myself a continuous work in progress.

Most reactions

Back